- This season we had about 15 families gardening on the DTFarm site all summer. Thank you all for your help and dedication.
- We successfully installed one more zone of drip tape, and installed two automatic timers for the drip system. We will continue to improve our drip irrigation system for next year.
- We have been bringing hundreds of students over to the DTFarm to participate in class activities and enjoy the extended fall harvest.
- We have continued saving seed from our heirloom vegetables and flowers.
- We have set up two leaf composting bins near the alley for neighborhood use.
- The Boise High staff hosted the first-of-it's-kind student-to-student Food Summit. About 1000 students participated in the afternoon's events, that began with a luncheon of food trucks and cafeteria service, all including our harvest from the DTFarm.
- Here are some photos from the day, and here is a link to some press coverage from a writer who happened to be visiting from Rhode Island! Boise High Food Summit:
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
As we put the garden to bed from another successful season, a few highlights...